Widgets are an essential part of our digital life. They help us do our work fast and easily. Widgets display relevant, glanceable content, letting users quickly get to your app for more details. Your app can provide multiple kinds of widgets, letting users focus on the information that’s most important to them. With widgets, you get timely information from your favorite apps at a glance. You can use widgets on your Home Screen and Lock Screen to keep your favorite information at your fingertips. There is also a way of customizing your widgets, you can set the theme of your widget to black color. Black Widget can reduce the battery usage by a significant amount. It also improves visibility for users with low vision and those who are sensitive to bright light. Black Widgets make it easier for anyone to use a device in a low-light environment. It reduces the light emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrast ratios required for readability.
Why are my widgets black?
The idea behind dark mode is that it reduces the light emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrast ratios required for readability. Studies have shown that people with normal or corrected vision have a better performance, however, people with stronger visual disorders will tolerate Dark mode better. Several applications allow sending emails, checking photos and other common tasks without ever unlocking the phone. It is easy to edit the order of the widgets in which they appear from a handy button at the bottom of the screen. Some apps expand the widget to get more information.
Black and White Widget both are great for your work productivity but Black Widgets are much more efficient than white widgets. There is also an additional benefit which is that it reduces your battery usage. A black screen will give you a sharper image with better black levels than a white screen. These widgets help you do your work more productively by saving a lot of your time.
If you love reading technology related blogs check out Impetus labs to know more about similar technologies.
Advantages of using Black Widgets
According to a survey carried out by Android Authority with 2,500 Android users, 81.9% use Dark Mode on their phones, in apps and anywhere else available. 9,9% said they switch between Black and Light Widgets. There are numerous advantages of using Black Widgets on your device. Black Widgets are useful for your device’s battery life too. Usually, the Dark Mode theme can be turned off or on using a prominently displayed toggle icon on the screen. Alternatively, it is placed in the menu options or within the app’s settings. These Widgets are useful for work efficiency too. There are the following advantages of using Black Widgets:
- It saves energy, mainly if the device uses an OLED or AMOLED screen. Black Widgets emit less contrast as compared to White Widgets which might help you save some battery life on your device.
- While the black text on a white background is the best in terms of readability, Dark Mode (which has light text on a dark background) is better for reducing eye strain in low light conditions.
- With the majority of the screen dark, the screen glare is reduced, thereby minimizing flickering and blue light.
- It’s better for low-light settings – so you can use it in bed without keeping your partner awake or in the cinema without disturbing other people.
- There will be less ‘blue light’ emitted from your phone which can keep you awake if you use your phone before you go to bed. So it also affects your mental health.
- Widget contents are updated automatically which will help you work productively on your device. It eliminates the need for opening essential apps. You may just check your work by clicking the Black Widget Icons.
- Widgets are customized by user preferences. It helps provide user preferred environments. They can be changed according to the user environment like in the night they can be changed to Dark Mode.
Overall when we talk about the statistics, we get that people use Black Widget more than White Widget. They help in saving battery and are helpful in adapting to the user’s digital environment. Dark mode users find reading easier in low light with less eye strain. It’s shown that it helps them fall asleep quickly and stay asleep longer. Using these widgets will be much helpful in adapting to digital life.