Every year Hindus in the subcontinent and those scattered across different parts of the world celebrate the holy occasion of Dussehra. It is also counted as a gazetted holiday in India and the public comes to life during its celebration. Here are some warm and heartfelt greetings and not just some average Happy Dussehra Wishes In English. One can use these on the occasion of this religious festival.
1. As the festival marks the triumph of good over evil may you also find goodness in your life and be guarded from wrong. Happy Dussehra!
2. May your prayers to Goddess Durga be answered. Happy Dussehra!
3. Just as Lord Rama vanquished Ravan may you also find triumph over your demons. Happy Dussehra!
Send personalized gifts or flowers to make the day special. To send gifts and flowers click here .
4. May the teachings of Lord Rama leave a mark on your life and bring you fulfilment. Happy Dussehra!
5. May this occasion lead to the destruction of evil in your heart just like that of Raavan. Happy Vijayadashami!
Significance of Dussehra
Dussehra is one of the most important Hindu festivals which is celebrated after the conclusion of Navratri every year. The festival is celebrated on the 10th day of the seventh month of the Hindu Luni-Solar Calendar and occurs during September and October in the Gregorian Calendar.
The festival is celebrated for different purposes across the Hindu community. Join in and wish Happy Dussehra to your Hindu friends.
6. May the worship of Lord Durga kill the Mahishasura within you. Happy Dasara!
Send them a cake with beautiful wishes. To send cake click here .
7. Just like the effigies of Ravana burn away your sins with worship. Happy Vijayadashami!
8. May the lessons Goddess Durga taught us remain with us for life. Happy Dashain!
9. Durga Puja is not just about visiting a temple, it’s about transforming yourself as a person. May your spirit be reborn this year. Happy Vijayadashami!
10. May the blessings and protection of the Gods be on you and your loved ones. Happy Dashain!
One school of thought within the religion is that the festival is meant to mark the triumph of Durga over the buffalo demon Mahishasura in order to protect and restore dharma. While the other school of thought believes it is to commemorate the defeat of the demon king Ravana at the hands of Lord Rama.
Despite the differences in beliefs the Hindu community stands united in the celebration of the occasion which is ultimately the most important thing at the end of the day. Be a part of it and wish Happy Dussehra to Hindus around you.
11. May the life you have ahead be blessed by the Gods on this auspicious occasion. Happy Dasara!
12. May the love and guidance of Goddess Durga be upon you and your family! Happy Dashain!
Click here to send beautiful gifts or flowers to make the day special .
13. May the worship of Goddess Durga have washed away your sins and made you a better person. Happy Dasara!
14. May your devotion and love for Lord Rama increase during the festival this year. Happy Dashain!
15. Let this day be happy and enjoyable for you and your loved ones. Happy Dashain!
16. Let this occasion bring out a better human in you for the years to come. Happy Vijayadashami!
17. Live by the teachings of Goddess Durga and protect your dharma. Happy Dasara!
18. Let yourself become a true devotee and stop Hindu just for show this Dussehra. Happy Dasara!
19. Worry not for Goddess Durga listens to the prayers of everyone. Happy Dussehra!
20. Let the Durga Puja make you a better devotee and more resistant to temptation. Happy Dashain!
Irrespective of which school of thought a Hindu follows, Dussehra is a holy occasion that unites the religion. The main theme of triumph of good over evil and the protection of dharma remains common throughout and provides a great lesson to all. Hopefully these wishes can add to the joy and celebration of the occasion as you wish Happy Dussehra to your friends.